News

In 2017 a uk golf club paid out £125.000 to a man who was hit on the head by a golf ball.

 

UK  Golf Club on August 10, 2007, a serious accident occurred to a Mr Anthony Phee, who lost an eye from a miss-hit shot by a Mr James Gordon. The judgement by Lord Brailsford held Mr James Gordon 70 per cent responsible for the accident and the remaining 30 per cent of the liability rested with the golf club. The short reason was because the club’s ‘failure to place signs at appropriate places on this course’. Some clubs have thought an appropriate response to this judgement would be to erect notices to the effect that ‘Golf is a dangerous sport – please take care’.

 

Contact Sport-Nets

Contact us for any sports netting enquiries that you have. We look forward to hearing from you.

T: 01489 582853
E: enquiries@sports-nets.co.uk

Sports-Nets supplies sports netting, golf nets, golf cages, football nets, cricket netting, archery nets, hockey nets and scaffold netting
in Hampshire, London and the UK